Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fly Tying-Midge

Last year I tied up some midge larva and pupa imitations that worked well on lower fish creek. This year I have been researching on different materials to use for the midge larva and experimenting with those materials, so check them out.

Last year's Midge Larva.













This year's Midge Larva.













Last years Midge Pupa. In the picture it's hard to tell how small they are, but eight of them can easily sit on top of a dime.

















This year I'm also going to tie up some Caddis Pupa. This was my first attempt.

3 comments:

  1. i like your new blog background! when i first brought it up i thought all these flies were tied by a pro. you are doing really good at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they look great! I don't know how you could do that on something so small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! looks like i can stop buying from the stores and buy from you!
    -sam

    ReplyDelete