We made a quick stop in Tremonton to get a day Idaho fishing license and an invasive species sticker for the boats. We arrived just after 10:00 am and was on the water by 10:30. The air temperature was very comfortable and there was no need to even wear a jacket.
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
The water temperature was 58 degrees and very calm, maybe to calm. There were several pontoons, float tubes and boats already on the water. And it wasn’t hard to tell were the best morning fishing had been, because they were all congregated in one area off a point.
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
Rick hooked up with a nice one first, but it got off at the boat.
Sam land the first and biggest fish of the day, a nice fat Rainbow.
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
Shortly after Sam caught his, I caught this nice Rainbow
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
Rick had another one on and to the net when it came off. And then he landed this nice fat 16 incher. At one point I heard a big splash, turned around saw a big fish jump three or four more times about fifteen to twenty yards from Ricks boat. I told Rick to go get it, and he said he just had a snag and lost his fly. I think that fish was his snag all ticked off and trying to spit the hook.
-1280.jpg)
A few more fish.
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
In the afternoon the water was dead calm and no one on the lake could catch a fish. We all just drifted around with puzzled looks on our faces.
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
Getting ready to leave. If we lived closer we may have stuck around hoping for an evening bite to start.
-1280.jpg)
-1280.jpg)
We all ended up landing a couple fish and hooking and losing a few. It was a tough day of fishing, but the fish we did catch were some dandy’s. Everyone we talked to said they didn’t do very well, except for the bait fisherman in the boats. Everyone agreed that it was to be blamed on the ten days of an almost full moon that was out all night, every night.
Video of Sams big Rainbow. Sorry its so shaky but I was shooting it over my shoulder while I was kicking to get closer.
Wow you guys got some big ones!
ReplyDelete