Friday, October 22, 2010

Soldier Creek Reservoir 10-22-2010

Linda and I wanted to go fishing before the weather turned colder for the weekend, so I took the day off work Friday and we went to Soldier Creek Reservoir. Linda surprised me and fished for six hours without going back to the truck to warm up. The air temperature in the afternoon was 46 deg. And the water was 52 deg. The fishing was slow; we had several bumps, a few on for a short time before coming off. Linda ended up landed twice as many fish as me 6 to 3.


























Linda was the first to land a fish, a nice Rainbow, and then it was my turn, a Rainbow also.












Linda landed the biggest fish of the day and the only Cutthroat.













While Linda went to the shore to eat her lunch, I anchored just out from her and tried out the standing platform and lean bar.













After fishing we drove up to Aspen Grove campground and saw these deer.


No comments:

Post a Comment